Thursday, July 21, 2011

Baby Babble...

The day started looking at this old picture.....




These little nuggets (Alex, to the right, being hugged which such emotion from his cousin Christian, who rocked the T Shirt diaper look very cutesie) were once upon a time wee little babies. Now Alex, 9 and Christian 10 live a time zone apart and Christian has a brother, Carlos aka gordo 7. Here he is at 3 months...




Now look at them! Well in the picture below it's (starting from the left) Christian, Nice boy (don't know his name), and Carlos aka not so Gordo anymore



And here is my son Alex...



In general, however, I really do like kids. All ages, strange enough. Even the pain-in-the-ass-I-think-I'm-cooler-than-anyone-but-I'm-a-dufus kid (I think it's because I specialize in Middle School Monsters). And since I'm not having anymore, I like them especially since I can give them back to mommy.

Alex asked me a question earlier this week. He asked, "Mommy, why can't you have another kid so I can have someone to play with all the time?" I was clearly left with my mouth open because he knows that I don't want anymore kids and the thought of him having to share (money, toys, a room), he wasn't trying to hear that. He looked at me with his chinito eyes and it was so sincere, it almost broke my heart. Then I said, "But Alex, if I have a baby he will be little and you can't play with him until he is older, and that means you'll be 16."



That was his reaction. Therefore the whole mommy-having-another-kid-so-I-can-play-with-someone-everyday quickly turned into "Oh No. Nevermind. That's not cool."

I really don't want any more children because I think it will take away A LOT from Alex and let's face be honest, myself. I went to a friend's house and she has the cutest 5-month-old, who couldn't take his eyes off Alex. And Alex was enjoying every minute of it. But as soon as we got in the car he said "Yea Mommy. No more kids."


What's the moral of the story/post?

1-I LOOOOVE my kooks (Alex, Christian, Gordo)!
2-I think China's one-child policy is totally awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment