Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Sportastic..Tuesday....Continued...


Look at my boys doin' what they do.....



Well not really. They are just talking-maybe about a play, maybe about a beer- who knows. I just LOVE those pinstripes!

My last post was about Derek Jeter and all his greatness, but sad to say he won't be playing in tonight's All Star Game in Phoenix (I Hate ARIZONA BY THE WAY. STATE ROAD 93 IS DEATH TRAP USA) because of a previous calf injury that he didn't care about because he plays this past weekend in hopes of hitting his 3,000th hit-which HE DID DO, AND he was the first Yankees player to do so...just sayin'


Let's talk basketball...

My green-tastic Celtics lost in the semis to the supposedly high, mighty, and undefeatable Miami Heat. As some of you may remember, there was this big media circus last summer when Lebron James and Chris Bosh (mostly Bron Bron) joined the Miami Heat (South Beach, as Bron Bron put it)

Did what? Get so cocky and LeChoke at the end? YES. WE. DID.







Don't get me wrong-Dwayne Wade is (well, was) a humble, young, and talented player. Lebron has got skills too, and so does Bosh. And then this happened....

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nba/news/story?id=6648286



(As they walked out of American Airlines Center after practice, Wade and James pretended to cough and wheeze, smirking as they repeatedly covered their mouths with their shirts while being filmed by Miami CBS affiliate.)

"Whoa, did y'all hear me cough? I think I'm sick," Wade said before turning toward James and chuckling. [uhmmm no, Mr. Wade. Y'all weren't coughing. Y'all choked.]

This came two days after Nowitzki scored 21 points, including a critical driving layup in the last minute, while playing with a 101-degree fever during the Dallas Mavericks' NBA Finals-tying Game 4 win.)

Wade had already made it clear that he believed the story of Nowitzki playing through illness and injury -- the Mavericks' superstar tore the tendon in his left middle finger in the series opener -- had been overblown.

"I have respect for him as a great player. I'm not going to get into the injuries," Wade said Wednesday. "Everyone is injured at this time. I'm not going to get into the fun-loving story of him being sick, either. Once you show up on the court, you show up on the court. Everyone is equal. "

OH and it gets better ....

Wade, who once had a shoe commercial that glorified his toughness, is dealing with his own injury now. He suffered a bruised left hip during a first-quarter collision with Dallas reserve forward Brian Cardinal during Miami's Game 5 loss, causing him to miss two extended stretches of the game.

"I don't talk about injuries," Wade said after Game 5. "It's unfortunate that I had to leave the game, but I came back and I finished it. ... Once you're on the court, you're on the court. I don't have no excuses."


And of COURSE my fairy tale ending



The Dallas Mavericks went on to #beattheheat in game 6 in MIAMI.





The bandwagon's empty.....again......

No comments:

Post a Comment