Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Sportstastic TIMES! Part tres!

Sad face? Why? Is it because I am going to briefly talk about the NFL Lockout? YES!
Here are some questions I have gotten


"A what?"
"What's this lock out all about?"

and the ever shocking question
"Who cares?" ::gasp::

There is a chance there may not be a 2011-2012 NFL football season.

What the hell am I going to watch on Sundays from August through February?!??!?!?

I don't just watch Miami Dolphins games (please refrain from making fun of me. please. and thank you.) during football season. I watch them ALL! It's so fun! Just watching at home while grading is a great Sunday Funday for me!

Ok besides my selfish reasons for wanting NFL to proceed, millions of people also enjoy watching the sport. They get together with friends, go to a bar, or restaurant, or someone's house, or the actual game, and it is SO MUCH FUN (and all this fun is certainly paying the owners and players a pretty penny). So all in all, it's a win-win situation for all involved, right?

Here is how I am simplifying this lock out:

-The players want to play.
-The players have stated many times they’re content with the current system and revenue split… NFL owners and players each split roughly 50 percent of the revenue pie.
-NFL owners, however, DO want more and are adamant about reducing the share of league revenue set aside for player salaries by roughly 18 percent ($1 billion) beginning next year.
-The revenue split since 2002 has been roughly half.

There are other issues amongst the players and owners and you can read all about it on

www.nflplayerlockout.com

Cheers to tailgating, fantasy pools, and scalping tickets!

No comments:

Post a Comment