Saturday, June 26, 2010

Television Tidbits...







I love me some reality tv. TRUST me. I Do. Once my child was born, it was my guilty pleasure. Actually, no, not guilty pleasure because everyone KNEW that I loved it. It wasn't until 2005 or so when Perez Hilton, Queen of All Media, broke some stories that reality tv wasn't real. "OH EM GEE" I thought as I anxiously read his blog and about 10 others. Oh well, I didn't care. I still watched. But as I sit here waiting for my buzz to go away so I can go to sleep, I often think about my childhood when "Friends" was the shit on Thursday night NBC and the only reality tv I knew was sports! But now in 2010, when everyone and their cats have a reality show or want to pitch a reality show, what is a good television series where there are actually actors.

Weeds, on Showtime, is the motherf*&*ing bomb. No, I am not a pothead, I really could give 3 shits if weed is legal or not, but that is one good show. Humorous, entertaining, and such a random story line, it reels you in like a fish out of a pond. Mary Louise Parker has really put her name on the map with her character, Nancy Botwin. I am only on season 4 and stuck there (thanks, Britt) but will soon resume my Weeds watching. What happened to REAL scripted shows like "Seinfeld" or "ALF" (yes, ALF, I went there. and WHAT). It ain't what it used to be, that's for damn sure. But there hope is for me. At least with "Weeds" on Showtime.

No comments:

Post a Comment