Friday, July 2, 2010

Are Good Men Are Hard To Find?




HELLS TO THE YES!


Just kidding my peeps. No, it's not hard at all. They are out there, ya know. Especially with match.com, eharmony.com, okcupid.com, plentyoffish.com (you catch my drift)out there.

You aren't "unlucky in love" or having bad luck. That's what life is all about. Sometimes you THINK you have shit all figured out then BAM! Life happens. And you know what? THAT'S OK! Sometimes you need to go through life alone for a minute to know that you can hold your own if need be. AGAIN. NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT. Society also has a view on what we should do with our lives-graduate high school, go off to college, maybe grad school, work in corporate America, meet someone, fall in love, get married, soon after have kids, and live happily ever after. Uhmmmmm, seriously?

For some folks, this has truly happened, but it was hard as hell to get to that "happily ever after" point. Some may have had a child, then finished school. Some may have finished their Master's Degree, have a house, but live alone. Ultimately, you can somewhat decide what you want to do to secure your future. By going off to college, you can safely market yourself with a little more confidence than the freshman college dropout with less than a year of real world experience.

Marriage is something that is very special and sacred and a necessity, depending on who you ask. For those of you that are married, I commend you tremendously because it is NOT easy. There is no ME in a marriage, it's US. To me that friggin' unheard of, but that is why I give you props. This is something I really don't picture myself doing. The only "US" I know is Alex and myself. Marriage is a HUGE commitment and it should also mean through thick and thin, nothing can that unity (I don't mean pulling a Tiger Woods on your significant other and thinking you can get away with it).

1 comment:

  1. How do you know about plenty of fish!!??? That's my ish or used to be when I was on the market

    ReplyDelete