Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Online Shopping-Easy, Medium, or HARD?


Is it easy to shop online? Hell yea! Is it easier to shop for books than shoes? Ehhhh, sometimes. Is it easier to shop for a book then it is for a fabulous skirt. YUP!
Online shopping has definitely boomed in the last 5 years. It is so much easier to turn on your computer and just click on any website you would like, click, and shop. You can go to any website and get almost anything you would get at the store. Books are obviously easy to shop for. You can get them new or used, depending on your preference. Accessories are also easy to shop for. Handbags can seem a little misleading size wise, but other than that, you have nothing to worry about. Clothes are not that easy to shop for though.
Once upon a time, I used to be a size S or Small. Ahhh, those were the days. A common size that all stores had. For the most part if you were a Small, then you were ALWAYS a small. Now that I am a Large in charge, there is no way in hell I can get into a Small. Sometimes, I can get into a Medium, but it depends on the fabric and style.
I have a friend who has 2 little ones, 6 months old and 4 years old. Time and money is a very important factor in her life right now. But she doesn't like online shopping because of shipping and inaccuracy in sizes. She would rather give herself a time limit and actually go to the store. Her 4 year old is a girl, very girly, very picky. So off to the mall they go!
My 8 year old boy could care less as long as it doesn't hurt his chunky tummy. Shopping for bottoms are always challenging for us. He just turned 8, but he is definitely not an 8. For bigger than normal, some stores use "Husky" sizes. For example, my son is a 10-12 husky-which is perfect for around his waist.
When I am shopping for myself online, I usually go to places where people review the items they have purchased. If it is shoes I am looking for, I will click on the shoe and read the reviews which could say "order a size up" or "true to size" to help me pick the most accurate size for myself (macys.com does this A LOT! Love them).
Shipping also plays a big part is online shopping. Sometimes there are shipping deals but I'll be damned if I'm going to spend $9.95 on a pair of $20.00 shoes I got on sale(unless its a name brand that shoe that is usually triple the price).
Look carefully when shopping online! Time is important, but so is money!

No comments:

Post a Comment