Monday, January 10, 2011

The Arts



Everyone loves music-well, maybe not love-but at least likes music. I bet if you really thought about it, you could compose a soundtrack to your life in the blink of an eye. I do enjoy listening to music, but I have to admit, some of the garbage on the radio is NOT very appealing on the ears. Lil' Wayne has some good beats to some of his music, but damn, sometimes you can't understand what the hell he is saying! Maybe I'm just old school, and by old school I mean A Tribe Called Quest, The Beatles, Wu Tang Clan, Nirvana, U2-you know music that was actually GOOD. But then again I am 30 and not 15, my dad HATED Wu Tang Clan, so my styles of music may be different. Over the holidays, Dec 31, 2010 to be exact, I left my IPOD on a plane after we landed here in Miami. I was still am a little devastated about it. I never realized how much I depended on that little pink contraption until it was stripped from me!! ok maybe it wasn't stripped and I accidently left it under the seat in front of me.


Speaking of music, I went dancing Saturday night at this hole in the wall on South Beach called Purdy Lounge. Purdy lounge has blazin' music from the 90s from DJ Boe and its usually on and poppin' when we go. They play everything 90s-Bell Biv Devoe, 112, Biggie, Jay Z, Missy, I mean this DJ can jam. I would love to borrow his laptop one day-yes his laptop and only his laptop. I'm not that much of a groupie.

Before dancing, we went to the Bernice Steinbaum Gallery in the design district, but Bernice was sick :(. She is like the Lady Gaga of art fashion is off the chain and she is a Jewish New Yorker. You don't want to mess with this broad. Look at her and her fabulous self.


That's her in her gallery in the design destrict here in Miami with an artist's work in the background. She knows her shit. She is an OG(original gangsta) in the art game. She had a gallery in the Soho area in New York but relocated to Miami. Miami has a small social/celebrity scene, but an even smaller art scene. She has done a lot to make her name, and those struggling women and minority artists alive in Miami. I love her. She should have played Charlotte York's boss in Sex and the City. My friend works for her so that's how I was introduced about 3-5(not sure on that one) years ago. First, she interned with her and she's been with Bernice ever since. My friend's name is Britt (pictured below with the red hair and the fabulous outfit) is such a cultured individual with no malice in her heart. I think because of her I am a nicer person. I have also known her for maybe 10 years now. But don't get it twisted, because of me she can get a little ghetto. It's an even exchange in my opinion. Next to me is my soul sista Jeane'. She needed to come the gallery because she hadn't been. 'Bout time, sista!





There is Jessica and I modeling I use that term very loosely an interesting work of art from Carol Prusa that was featured this weekend at Bernice Steinbaum's Gallery.



I know I did this post ass backwards, I'm sorry! My upper back is also in a lot of pain! Till we meet again.....XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment