Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Home Remedies


There are many people out there who don't like to take over the counter or prescription medicine for anything. They prefer the "natural" way or simple home remedies to knock out their discomfort. Some cases, however, need medicine. If you have an ear infection, you better believe amoxicillin or some other antibiotic is coming your way. You don't want the infection to eat away at you, do you? Here are some home remedies I use in for myself and my Alex:
Chammomile-Not only is it a natural anti-histamine (allergy), it also soothes an upset stomach. So does Anis tea.
Hydrogen Peroxide-I know this may sound gross, but if your throat is a little itchy, right before you get sick kind of feeling, gargle this every 5 minutes for about 45 minutes. It's not very tasty, but may help you in the long run.
Peppermint tea-Peppermint can be used to relieve congestions from the nose. A little strong, but it sure does help.
Linden Leaves Tea-If you are having a small problem with falling asleep, this will definitely help.
Soda-only good for relieving a headache I think. Notice how Excedrin's main ingredient is caffeine. I'm not saying to drink it every day because if you do, when you try to quit that or coffee, you go through withdrawls.
Ginger-This helps if you have gastritis. If you have fresh ginger with salt 10 minutes before meals, it should help stimulate digestioin. Sucking on ginger also helps when you have hiccups. Making a ginger tea also helps with severe cough.
Baking soda-If you got some heartburn, dilute baking soda with water. Trust me! Works wonders!
Corn Syrup-Karo Corn Syrup helped my son in the blink of an eye when he was consipated at 3. Amazing!
Ginseng-If you have a low immune system yup that's me taking ginseng really does help if you take it daily.
Avocado-Avocado can help soothe your hair and skin. Use an avocado with a papaya to make a paste. Rinse after 20 minutes with warm water. This can be especially helpful for those of you that need it for winter dryness.
Papaya-I fasted on papaya when I was first diagnosed with gastritis. Papaya and butter can also help minor burns.
Honey-Hot milk and honey before bedtime can ease your cough. Honey is also known to help with sore throats.
These are some home remedies I have personally tried and have all worked!
If you need to know anymore, just hit me up on twitter!

No comments:

Post a Comment