Sunday, January 16, 2011

Oh snap!

I haven't blogged in a couple days but I'm going to write a post for each day that I missed. Right now Alex is watching Scooby doo of course and I'm watching the Real Housewives of Atlanta waiting for Watch What Happens Live to come on immediately after. I am also staring at my Christmas tree wondering why I won't take it down already laziness. Tomorrow is Martin Luther King Jr. Day and there is no school to honor the memory and legacy that is Martin Luther King Jr. I asked Jessica hoochica! if she was off and she said no she wasn't. I know that many companies don't observe every single legal holiday but wow, Martin Luther King Jr. We live in an area where Caucasian is the minority. Martin Luther King Jr. wanted everyone to be treated equal-Jews, Catholics, Whites, Hispanics. And because he was African-American he knew what it was like to be discriminated against. He received a PH.D in Philosophy from Boston University and not very many people know that. Back then, there was so much racial segregation and while some parts of America don't see past color we have come a long way.




"Now is the time to lift our nation from the quicksand of racial injustice to the solid rock of brotherhood. Now is the time to make justice a reality for all of God's children."

-Martin Luther King Jr.

Civil Rights March, August 28, 1963

Washington D.C.

No comments:

Post a Comment