Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Travel Tidbits

For someone who likes to go out of town at least once a month, I sure picked the wrong career maybe I should pursue stripping.

So it looks like I'm going to NYC woohoo really soon and sometimes I have to search my little butt off during work when the kids are trying to work or look at www.airfarewatchdog.com I also follow them on twitter www.twitter.com/airfarewatchdog and that saves me some time too. Not only do they hunt for low airfares, but they also comment on latest travel news and updates.

Here are some travel tidbits of my own:

-Travel in pajamas yes I said pajamas or cute tracksuits. Comfort is EVERYTHING on that flight.
-Check in online WHENEVER possible.
-Make sure to check the entire area near your seat before leaving the plane remember I left my IPOD. Damn you, airlines that travels American.
-I pack ham and cheese sandwiches and a small bag of chips whenever possible, especially when I bring Alex with me.
-Don't forget chargers as you may be delayed on a flight.
-When you check in online or at the gate, you may be able to change your seats (within coach) for free in most airlines.
-You have a little more legroom on most aircrafts in the emergency exit seating area.
-Take a book! Or your Nook!
-When receiving horrible customer service on a flight, send a letter to the complaint department of the airline.
-Traveling with kids can be quite troublesome, to say the least. But it's possible. Bring their entertainment ipods, portable game systems, books, coloring books, snacks, and engage in conversation with them during this time also. Depending on the age, they may need that extra TLC during the flight or at the airport. Now if you have infants, I have seen cases in which parents try to comfort them but it's hard. I must admit, I was confined up until Alex was 1 1/2 years old so I didn't go anywhere during that time with him. When I do see a mom struggling with a child, I really do try my best to help. I feel for the child and the mom. I am empathetic when I want to be to others and have received some special treatment from complete strangers. So I'm still paying it forward.

Hope this helps!

Safe travels!

Don't forget

www.airfarewatchdog.com

www.twitter.com/airfarewatchdog

No comments:

Post a Comment